John posted this online in the midst of the holiday season, jut before the end of the year… It has been sitting in the forefront of my mind ever since. John always has a way of presenting simple ideas that can shake you awake. Let me back up for a second…
Beginning around mid-July a few things were unfolding in my life. I had just found out I was pregnant, I had just found out my Aunt Pat was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and I had so many things that I was trying to pull together for the salon, my yoga teachings and personal goals. There were business and personal relationships that left me frustrated and drained. I felt like I was being engulfed by all of it and in my own reading and studying I kept coming back to the word INTENTION.
Intention is defined as a thing intended; an aim or plan.
I spent weeks turning over in my mind what my aim was for the rest of the year? What did I need to do and want did I need to let go of? It was a complicated and sometimes difficult process but with 2015 completed, I can see that it was necessary and laid the foundation, made space and prepared me for some unexpected pain, growth and understanding. Some things had to come to an end and many of my friendships and dealings we deepened, expanded and came into full fruition. So that brings me back to John’s message and what it means for 2016. I have seen online that “New Year’s resolutions” are played out. And while there is no “new year, new me” theme going on I did make a decision to be intentionally clear about my aim, my plans and my goals for this year.
I am excited about all that is unfolding in life and I want to be clear with where I intend to take myself so I have been making a list. To be honest the list scares me. It is daunting. That also sends electric through my veins. I love a challenge. To up the “pressure” I have decided to share my list here, with you all but mainly for myself in the name of accountability. Maybe you will share yours in turn and we can inspire one another into a more abundantly grand year. So here goes my intention list for 2016:
- Buy a home.
- Create a community space for yoga, education, cultural events, growth and development.
- Travel abroad and domestically as a natural hair educator and yoga teacher.
- Host a full weekend yoga/meditation/personal development retreat.
- Offer prenatal/postnatal yoga classes.
- Connect to with more creatives and leaders in my own community to curate events that do more than generate revenue.
- Write more.
- Eliminate our debt.
- Return to my clean eating/exercising/physically fit life.
- Widen and diversify my tribe.
- Create events to support mothers and families live more sustainable and present lives.
- Create more events to encourage families to ride bicycles.
- Redesign my blog
- Enjoy at least one tropical destination with my little family.
- Begin my 500 hour Yoga Teacher certification
Here is to a clear vision of the weeks, months and days ahead… This is of course in addition to welcoming my baby in March, continuing to love on my first baby P and husband Frenchie & supporting all my sister-friends, all while wearing lipstick and keeping my nails done!Pin It